Procurement Compliance Reviews (PCR)
The SPO Compliance unit conduct Procurement Compliance Reviews (PCR) focusing on State Governmental Units' (SGU) ability to properly exercise procurement authority in accordance with the Arizona Procurement Code, Executive Orders, Technical Bulletins, Standard Procedures, and Delegated Procurement Authority.
A typical PCR may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Examination of the SGU’s procurement policies and procedures if any exist.
- Review of previous compliance review records
- Observation of internal systems and controls
- Review of procurement personnel training
- Review of annual and quarterly procurement reports
- Random examination of solicitations and contracts
- Noteworthy procurement practices
- Contract administration
A PCR may not detect, nor should it be relied upon to detect, all deficiencies that may exist, or improvements that should be employed, by the SGU at the time of the review.
For more information on PCRs, refer to TB 003 - Procurement Compliance Reviews.