Each year, SPO monitors compliance of State Governmental Units with state procurement laws. The Control Self-Assessment is designed to simplify a State Governmental Unit’s compliance with the Arizona Procurement Code, Executive Orders, Technical Bulletins, Standard Procedures, and Delegated Procurement Authority.
The Control Self-Assessment (CSA) covers key issues addressed in the Procurement Performance Review. The regularly scheduled CSA includes, but is not limited to, the following criteria:
- Procurement organization
- Purchasing policy and procedures manual (if available)
- Agency reporting requirements
- Procurement personnel training and delegation
- Procurement internal controls
- Solicitations and contracts
- Contract Administration
In accordance with SPO Technical Bulletin #003.3.B, all State Governmental Units with $100,000 Delegated Authority shall complete the Control Self-Assessment at least once every four years, on a schedule established by the State Procurement Administrator, per the following schedule:
Sections 1 – 3
Sections 4 – 5
($10,000 Delegated Agencies Stop Here)
($100,000 Delegated Agencies Stop Here)
Section 6.2 & 6.3
(Unlimited Agencies Stop Here)
- Note: Agencies with $10,000 delegated authority are encouraged to regularly conduct sections 1 - 5 of the Control Self-Assessment voluntarily to assist with their internal procurement compliance oversight. $10,000 delegated agencies may also be required to complete the Control Self-Assessment by special request or as deemed necessary by the State Procurement Administrator.
Completed Items are due to the SPO Compliance Officer, or designee, on or before the designated due dates via email. The Control Self-Assessment may serve as reference material during the Procurement Performance Review to benchmark improvement in areas identified by the State Governmental Unit. State Governmental Unit on-time self-reporting, per the above schedule, will be necessary for SPO Compliance to update the State Procurement Administrator. Any delays in self-reporting, during the assigned schedule year for each State Governmental Unit, should be communicated to SPO Compliance immediately.
FY18 - Control Self-Assessment